Policies, Procedures, Terms & Conditions
Smith Family Enterprises LLC Policies, Procedures, Terms & Conditions – Updated and effective as of January 1, 2018
Each Smith Family Enterprises LLC (hereafter “ Doody Patrol”) Client hereby agrees to the following upon acceptance of, use of or payment for our Doody Patrol poop scooping services:
1) STANDARDS: Doody Patrol and its employees agree to provide services stated in this Agreement in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client holds harmless and expressly waives all claims against Doody Patrol or its employees, unless arising from gross negligence on the part of Doody Patrol.
2) AGGRESSIVE ANIMALS: Doody Patrol will work with friendly animals in the yard; however, we will NOT work around aggressive animals. If we cannot access your yard or complete a scooping because of an aggressive animal, you will be notified and charged for the visit.
If Doody Patrol employees are ever bitten by any animal, the pooper scooper will immediately leave the premise to seek medical attention. The yard will be left in "as is" condition and may be considered as services rendered for that visit. All medical fees will be required from the pet owner within a reasonable amount of time. Depending on the situation, the Animal Control may be contacted and/ or further actions may be taken.
3) ACCESS: Please be sure the gate/access point is free of any obstructions (i.e. dogs, padlocks, lawn furniture, etc.) and is unlocked. If we cannot access your yard, you will be notified and charged for the visit.
4) DISINFECTION: Doody Patrol agrees to disinfect all hands, shoes and tools after each visit to help maintain a safe environment for you and your animal by not spreading disease from yard to yard.
5) WASTE DISPOSAL: Doody Patrol will bag all waste and place it in your trash can, unless other arrangements have been made for disposal.
6) DIARRHEA & LOOSE STOOLS: Doody Patrol will collect diarrhea or other loose stools at an additional weekly fee of two dollars ($2.00), or you may choose to allow that waste to dry during the current week and be collected at no additional fee the following week. Diarrhea and loose stools significantly increase the time needed to scrape up and gather, extra time to clean our tools and shoes, plus disinfect, as well as to advise you of your dog’s possible health condition and risk of dehydration.
7) ACCESS TO WATER: Doody Patrol may need access to water from an outdoor spigot to mix sanitizing, disinfecting, and deodorizing solution while on-site at your home or business.
8) APPOINTMENT TIMES: Doody Patrol will not accept time-specific calls, as we cannot guarantee specific times accurately. A 2-4 hour window is acceptable.
9) LOCKS: Doody Patrol will not be responsible for any keys the client has asked to be mailed or held by Doody Patrol. A combination lock may be made available for access, if controlled access is required, but ownership of such lock will remain that of Doody Patrol.
10) HOURS OF OPERATION: Business hours fall between 9am- 5pm, while scooping hours are from dawn til dusk, Monday through Friday, and services are usually completed during this time unless we are behind schedule or our scooper has a health issue that requires a rescheduling.
11) TERMINATIONS: Doody Patrol reserves the right to deny service or terminate service because of safety concerns, financial concerns, or inappropriate or uncomfortable situations.
12) VACATIONS: Please let Doody Patrol know if you AND your animal will be away and would like to put your service on hold. If your dogs will be left at home with a dog sitter in your absence, you may cancel service at no charge if the dog waste will be picked up by the sitter, but if the waste will be left for cleaning the following week, a double charge may be applied the following week.
13) HOLIDAYS & WEATHER: If your scheduled service day falls on a holiday or there is dangerous weather, we may reschedule or postpone until the following week. You may choose to scoop yourself during that week with no charge by Doody Patrol or you may leave the waste for Doody Patrol to collect the following week at double the weekly fee for collecting double the dog waste. Doody Patrol observes the following holidays; New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Weekend (Thursday thru Sunday), Christmas Week (if Christmas Day falls on a weekend, we will take the following week off).
14) STAFFING OR OTHER CONFLICTS: If Doody Patrol is unable to complete service due to staffing or other conflicts, we will attempt to give you twenty-four (24) hour notice and waive any charges for scheduled services that we were unable to provide. You may choose to scoop yourself during that week with no charge by Doody Patrol or you may leave the waste for Doody Patrol to collect the following week at double the weekly fee for collecting double the dog waste.
15) PAYMENTS: Doody Patrol will only start recurring services after the first month of services has been paid in full. One-time services will be charged the minimum fee required before work begins and if any fees assessed after the fact due to additional services and/ or exceeding time intervals will be charged to the client immediately after work has been completed. Payment is expected by debit or credit card auto-pay for recurring services. Doody Patrol will charge your Credit or Debit card on file on the anniversary date of service start date each month using Stripe© - a highly encrypted and secure system for online payments. Payment can also be made by paying cash up front prior to the first service of the month's billing cycle under certain circumstances.
16) CANCELLATIONS: All prepayments are considered earned or to-be earned – no refunds will be permitted unless Doody Patrol is at fault – prepayments will be applied as an account credit to be used for future services offered by Doody Patrol. You may discontinue your service or change your service at any time by simply giving Doody Patrol at least twenty-four (24) hours advanced notice. Cancellations must be received within 24 hours of scheduled visit.
17) Doody Patrol GUARANTEE: Doody Patrol guarantees its work and can be called for scooping touch-ups within twenty-four (24) hours after service, after which, all work is final. Our guarantee becomes null and void if our any one of our service policies has been broken--- i.e., your grass is too long to visually see the dog poop.
18) LANDSCAPING: You will be expected to turn off your grass sprinklers on the day of our service, plus maintain the length of your grass, and have leaves and other debris removed from your yard, so that we can successfully find and collect dog poop from your yard. Doody Patrol can only scoop what we can visually see. Failure to comply with this policy voids our "Poop-Free Guarantee".
19) VACCINATIONS: You will maintain accurate and proper vaccination records for your dog(s) and make them available to Doody Patrol for inspection, if requested or in the event of a dog bite/attack of an Doody Patrol employee.
20) APPOINTMENT REMINDERS: Doody Patrol sends all appointment reminders and client communications via email, Facebook Messenger, and/ or SMS text messaging. Text messaging and data rates may apply to messages received.
21) REPORTING CHANGES: You agree to advise Doody Patrol of any change in the number of dogs/pets on your premises during any given service week. If you have a visiting dog/pet that stays for more than 48 hours (2 days), you will be charged the weekly per-dog fee. If you fail to report the proper number of dogs to our office within (1) week of acquiring the dog/pet, we will charge an additional fee of fifteen dollars ($15.00) per dog/pet found/observed on your property, plus the weekly per-dog fee. Failure to comply with this policy may result in a broken service agreement and ceasing of future service visits, non-refundable.
22) CONSUMER REVIEWS: Under the Consumer Review Fairness Act of 2016, Doody Patrol will legally prohibit and will demand removal of consumer reviews that: 1) contain confidential or private information; 2) are libelous, harassing, abusive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or are inappropriate with respect to race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, or other intrinsic characteristic; 3) are unrelated to the company’s products or services; or 4) are clearly false or misleading.
23) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL Doody Patrol OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, VENDORS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE.
THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFITS), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE SITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE, OR WITH THE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF DOODY PATROL UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
24) DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Use of the site and Doody Patrol services will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida. These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted, construed, enforced and governed in all aspects in accordance with the exclusive jurisdiction and laws of Arizona. Any suit, cause of action, or legal proceeding arising under or relating to the use of the site, including these Terms and Conditions, shall be in the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state courts of Florida, situated in Osceola County, Florida or the federal courts with jurisdiction over Florida.
All Doody Patrol rules, including this website Terms and Conditions, may be amended from time to time without notice.